Minisodes


Just read about "Minisodes."



They take vintage TV show episodes and cut them down from half an hour or an hour to 4 to 6 minutes.


I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, the full show was the work of art as it was intended to be seen, and this is sort of the TV version of a book abridgement. On the other hand, I find that the pace of older TV programs (and many movies) are much too slow for my taste.
Pictured is me eating a "Beavertail," a Canadian treat. What I'm eating is the Ottawa classic, the Killalou Sunrise, which is fried dough, topped with cinnamon sugar and lemon juice.

Comments

Unknown said…
Wow the mini-sodes are nuts! I really don't know how to feel about them either. I watched one and I was surprisingly sated. But editing out all the other stuff... I want to see all that corny stuff too. Oh man this is a tough one. Well the deeper question is... maybe all shows need to be 4-6 minutes. Maybe the internet and the internet generation with their small attention spans have given rise 4-6 minute attention span art. Hmmm... I am conflicted.

Popular Posts