I Will Be a Speaker at TEDxCarletonU


http://carletoninnovation.com/tedx/

I have been chosen, with four other people, to give a TEDx talk for Carleton University on March 30, 2010.

I am a big fan of TED talks. I watch them every chance I get. They tend to be 20 minute talks discussing interesting ideas, tailored to a lay audience. I like almost all of them.

The TED organization licenses it's brand out to smaller conferences, each of which is called a TEDx. There was a TEDx for Ottawa and a TEDx for Toronto, for example. Each of the five speakers will give a talk, and two actual TED talks will be shown on video. Seating is limited, so if you want to come you must apply. I don't see instructions yet on the site for how to apply, but with hope they'll be coming.

I will be speaking about the science of imagination: how it can be done, and what my lab is doing to understand imagination. Check out my new logo.




Bookmark and Share

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congratulations, Jim! I look forward to hearing your impressions of the experience.
Japman said…
I'm REALLY looking forward to this! And through an entirely unrelated search, I am now that much more inclined to check out IT this Sunday!

Looking forward to TEDx CarletonU, and looking forward to meeting you!

Popular Posts