How To Review Sellers on Amazon



Amazon not only allows you to review products, but it allows you to review individuals who sell and buy. This reputation-maintenance system is vital for selling goods from peer to peer.

When you review a seller, you are asked to give an overall rating (in stars) but also to answer questions regarding whether the product arrived on time, and as described.

But on top of that they ask for a written description. I have no idea what to put in there.

For example, recently I bought a used book. I paid for it; it arrived on time; it was in good condition. I'd already indicated this with the canned questions, but Amazon requires me to actually write something about the transaction. Problem is, there is nothing more to say. In the past this has kept me from reviewing people.

When faced with a recurring problem, it's good to make a policy, because the need to make a decision over and over can be paralyzing. If it's a silly problem, like this one, it's better to have a funny policy, so the annoyance is reduced. So I chose a stock phrase and I'll put it in all my reviews.

I chose:

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.

This is the creed of the US postal service, which I discovered through the Laurie Anderson track "O Superman."

That's what I'm going to put in the free-text section of seller reviews from now on. I recommend you all use it too.

Pictured: USPS building with the creed inscribed on it. From Wikipedia.

Bookmark and Share

Comments

Popular Posts